The pipe organ behind the altar at the Sea Bright United Methodist Church was donated in 1893 by Mr. E.S. Nesbitt, the great-grandfather of the Music Director George Finegan.
The pipe organ was built by C.S.Haskel of Philadelphia, and cost $750 (twice the average annual salary of that period). It employs the original mechanical tracker action, bringing divine sounds from its prominent zinc pipes, coated with brass.
The following article is from the May 2, 2002 print edition of the Asbury Park Press, describing the history and restoration of the wonderful and rare instrument.