It’s very important to understand the difference between the two words Mission and Purpose.
The Mission of the United Methodist Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
The Purpose of the Sea Bright United Methodist Church is to help you know God through Jesus Christ:
Connect in the love of Jesus
- On Easter Sunday, the church hosts a Sunrise Service where congragations from 5 Methodist Churches (from Sea Bright, Fair Haven, Eatontown, Red Bank and Oceanport) meet on the beach in Sea Bright for Easter Service, followed by breakfast.
- The Northern Shore Cluster Choir started in the early 1970s under the direction of Ms. Donna Nilson, a school-teacher and Music Director at the Oceanport United Methodist Church. The Choir conducts a Musical Service (Cantata) that lasts 90 minutes at least 3 different churches for Easter, and 3 for Christmas.
- Sunday Services start at 9:30am, followed by Fellowship Breakfast. Our Sunday Service is very personal, and reaches out not only to every single person in Church that morning, but also to others who may not be present, due to travels, poor health, or simply living elsewhere.
- Fellowship consists of an informal gathering after church on Sundays, and before Bible Study on Tuesday nights. Food is served.
- A Covered Dish supper is held during the Holidays.
Grow as followers
Sunday School/Early Education
- Starting on the first Sunday in October, our Church offers Sunday School for children and youth of all ages, from Pre-Kindergarten to High School.
- We meet every Tuesday for Bible Study: dinner’s served at 6:00pm, and Discussion starts at 7:00pm. Study, Debate, Learn!
- Our music is traditional hymnal.
Feeding the Hungry
- Local residents in need discreetly receive food without any public fanfare, red-tape or questions. You can help by donating non-perishable food.
- Sea Bright has a feral cat population that keeps the rodents in check. Cats are trapped, spayed/neutered and returned to their colonies. The church collects donated cat food, and parishioners run 3 feeding stations.
- Pastor Mike Turner leads a Bible Study/discussion group at the East Jersey State Prison at Rahway.
- Since October 5 of 2000, George Finegan has been conducting a regular church service (2:00 pm on the first Sunday of every month) at the Meridian Nursing & Rehab in Red Bank.
- The church provides meeting space to Alcoholics Anonymous/The Loft, who hold 15 meetings a week, every day including Sunday.